Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bradley Wells' Group Project Happenings!

Here is my post of what I have done for group project #2 for team Cooper's Troup on same-sex marriage. The first thing we did was we decided that we would all go out and find 2 negative, and 2 positive cartoons for each of us. We would bring these to the first group meeting on October 18th. On October 17th, I spent from 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm looking at cartoons and gathering ones that I felt were best represented of our topic. During our group meeting we decided that we were going to do a blog, with a notebook/scrapbook that would have all of our cartoons inside, and coded. We separated our blog in to 4 different topics, Proposition 8, Hot Spots, Religion, and World-Wide. I was assigned the topic of Proposition 8. We decided we would do research on our topics and start putting our blog together so that we could better understand the cartoons, and be better prepared to code them properly. Ami set up the project blog, and after being given admin privileges, I went to work on creating a nice drop down navigation menu, to create an easier method to work ones way throughout the blog. On Tuesday, October 22nd, I spent from 3:00 pm, until 9:00 pm working on the navigation menu, and also starting my research and getting most of my information. I finished the navigation menu after struggling with it for 3 hours. I also had everyone let me know how they would like to name their pages so that I could add them to the blog so they could begin working on their pages and work in earnest. I found some really good sites about Proposition 8 that were very beneficial to me in working on my pages, and also better understanding the cartoons that were being used. On Wednesday, October 23rd, I again spent from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm finding more information on Proposition 8, and also put together a nice intro about what my pages would be covering, and also added a clip from Stephen Colbert to add some humor to the topic. Thursday was a group meeting day. I was able to get my cartoons coded, but since it was taking so long, we decided that we were going to continue adding information and research to the blog and finish coding the cartoons on Monday, October 31st in another group meeting. On Sunday, October 30th, I spent from 9:00 pm until 3:00 am working on my pages some more. I finished the introduction page, and began work on the "What is Proposition 8?" page. Monday we met as a group at 4:00 pm and finished coding everyone's cartoons and talked about the last few adjustments and information we wanted on the page. I went home relaxed for a little while, ate some dinner and sat down to finish my work. I started working on the pages at 9:00 pm, and finished up the "What is Proposition 8?" page. I then began work on the Results/Aftermath and found more really interesting information that fit wonderfully with my pages. I Continued working on the pages until 4:50 am where I was able to complete everything. I have read over everything to be sure it makes sense, and is grammatically correct and with no spelling errors. I have also printed and filled out my Team Member Evaluation form. I will most likely read over my pages again as well as those of my team mates in hopes that we can avoid any silly errors that are easily fixed. I also added my own opinion piece to the project blog, you can find it in the "Our Views" page.

No comments:

Post a Comment